
The Internet, the best excuse for wasting time I've ever heard of, is a daily part of my life. I use it every day to check my email, check sports scores, or just dink around trying to find new, interesting content. As you can see to the left, sometimes I get bored and stare off into space, so I like to make better use of my time by learning new things on the Internet.
Many sites exist where fans can gather sports data, but my favorite one is Yahoo Sports. It's really not the most comprehensive site, but it is mostly text, so it loads quickly, and it has all the graphs and tables that I need to get a quick rundown of what's happened each day. Scanning, I can get a recap of the day's events in just a few minutes. It even has links to individual player profiles, like my favorite player, Jose Reyes of my hometown New York Mets.
When I'm bored, I also visit the Discovery Channel website, because they have all kinds of cool shows on TV and clips on their webpage. It has a bunch of my favorite shows: Deadliest Catch, MythBusters, Planet Earth, and Shark Week. Each time Shark Week comes on, I watch, blood boiling, for the inevitable shark attacks they were able to capture in super slow-motion.
And what time on the Internet could be complete without a visit to NPR, the United States' public radio company? NPR produces great stories, moving and captivating, about everything from the situation in Iraq to the debate over healthcare to an Alabama restaurant's specialty, fried-rabbit.
So if you think the Internet is just Facebook and YouTube, think again. There are plenty of other ways to squander your time away while surfing. Enjoy!
Nice I love it
ReplyDeleteI love internet too
ReplyDeleteYOUTUBE RULEZ
Love Shark week
ReplyDelete